Magnet Safety Warning
Please read the following before handling magnets:
Magnets are more powerful than most people imagine and need to be handled with care. Before handling magnets, particularly Neodymium Magnets, please follow these safety instructions:
Always wear proper safety equipment (protective gloves and eyewear) when handling larger magnets. Large Neodymium Magnets can be attracted to other magnets or metal objects which may cause serious injuries. Be careful to avoid getting your fingers caught!
Magnets with a strong magnetic field may cause permanent damage to credit cards, computer hard drives, watches, TVs, data storage media and other electronic devices.
Avoid snapping or smashing magnets together with other magnets or with metal as they may break or chip.
Temperatures over 176 deg. Fahrenheit (80 deg. Celsius) can demagnetize Neodymium (Rare Earth) Magnets.
Be careful when using and storing different types of magnetic material, e.g. Neodymium and Ceramic, as demagnetization can occur.
People with pacemakers must avoid handling magnets.
Keep out of reach of children. Small magnets are a choking and swallowing hazard.